Our next deadline for the newsletter: September 22, 2017
General Submission Guidelines
- Only SCBWI members can submit via email to CanadaWest@scbwi.org
- Call to cover submissions/news since spring 2016
- Format: Photos/illos should be sent as jpgs (please send good quality/hi-res up to max 5MB – please DO NOT send images swiped off phones, Twitter, websites, etc. as these are often of low quality/lo-res when reproduced, even digitally)
- Text should be send in .doc or .docx format only (NOT pdf). Please proofread your text before submitting!
- Digital files should be titled with your first and last name followed by a number if for multiple submissions (e.g. "John_Doe_1.jpg")
- For all submissions, please include your full name and a "byline" sentence if you'd like to have one.
What to Submit:
- Good news from members (up to 75 words); short articles (up to 500 words, e.g., reports on conferences attended, profiles or interviews, notes on technique or craft; book reviews on technique/craft); upcoming events announcements; photos; spot illustrations in colour or B&W.
Note: NO general book reviews accepted. Only reviews on craft-related books are accepted.
Please email CanadaWest@scbwi.org if you can help with layout (nothing fancy needed) or proofreading prior to publication.
Our most recent edition of the newsletter!
To read previous editions of the newsletter, please click on the cover pages below. And enjoy!
2016 Winter 2015 Spring
2014 Spring 2014 Fall
2013 Spring 2013 Fall
2012 Spring 2012 Fall
2011 Spring 2010 Fall
2009 Spring 2009 Fall
2008 Spring 2008 Fall
2007 Spring 2007 Fall
2006 Spring 2006 Fall